Lansingburgh Central School District is located at 576 Fifth Avenue Troy, NY and serves grades K-12. While the Village of Lansingburgh was annexed to the City of Troy in 1900, the school systems remain separate. The present school district was founded in 1962 when the residents of Lansingburgh, Schaghticoke and Brunswick voted to centralize. Soon after consolidating, Lansingburgh High School was built.
The community of Lansingburgh dates back to colonial America. Henry Hudson sailed north on the river that now bears his name as far north as Pleasantdale, which is today the northern section of Lansingburgh. In 1763, Abraham Lansing purchased land along the Hudson River, north of Albany, and divided the land into lots he called the city of Lansingburgh. In 1847, the Lansingburgh school district was legally permitted to raise money by taxation, thereby creating a free school. It was one year later, in 1848, that the free school system was initiated by New York State.
Lansingburgh Central School District is rich in heritage, diversity and pride. It is also faced with the needs of an ever-changing community. At Lansingburgh Central School District, they strive to create for all students a productive, challenging and safe educational environment guided by the New York State Learning Standards. Our students will acquire civic values, skills and strategies through a dynamic partnering of school and community. With these experiences, they hope students will be inspired to fill their lives with learning and self sufficiency.
Lansingburgh Central School District
576 Fifth Avenue
Troy, NY 12182
Rensselaer County, New York
Serving grades K-12, UE
Student / Teacher Ratio: 14.1
Schools in this District: 4
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Other Professional Staff||18||0|
|*Staff data was compiled in 2006|